[Noisebridge-discuss] group funding of joey hess's git-annex

Danny O'Brien danny at spesh.com
Mon Jul 15 19:58:49 UTC 2013

Joey Hess's open source project, git-annex, is turning into a great,
distributed Dropbox alternative. It was funded by the Internet after a
successful kickstarter last year, and he's looking for more funding to
increase its ease of use, privacy and security.

I was going to throw him another small bit of money, but I noticed
that for $300, he offers an hour or so of git-annex consultancy. I was
thinking that it'd be great to try and work with him on use cases for
git-annex for a hackerspace. I can't afford $300, but if you were
thinking about donating to him, maybe we could collectively gather up
$300 and get help in setting up a Noisebridge git-annex installation.

Anybody up for pooling their donations?

https://campaign.joeyh.name/

d.