[Noisebridge-discuss] 4001 - Re: Automated Kitchen w/ api - Dangerous Solar Cooking Experiment

Dan Cote terminationshok at gmail.com
Fri Jul 26 02:12:03 UTC 2013

It is possible to focus the energy of the sun onto a pot of water and boil
it. Is it possible to do so without risking life and property in the
context of a building?

Does anyone care to find out at this year's Burning Man? Does anyone dare
me to find out?

If we accidentally burn the temporary building down with the sun, it would
be considered a great success by the native population. We can repeat the
experiment every year until the building lasts all week and then celebrate
our success by burning down the test building with the sun on purpose.
After several years of experimentation, we may be able to build a safe
version of the coolest stovetop on the planet in the Noisebridge kitchen!
*Mad scientist cackling sound*