[Noisebridge-discuss] en guard noisebridge! freespace is ending

Jake jake at spaz.org
Sun Jul 28 20:25:30 UTC 2013

maybe you've heard that freespace, in downtown san francisco, is a magical
wonderland of freedom and is an example of how the world should be run.

their first month was free, somehow sponsored by the city?  and their
second month was paid for by a $25,000.00 crowdfunding campaign.  OK.

A lot of people were living there, and spending every day there.

Last night was the last night.  Now they are going to come to noisebridge
and try to do it there.  Because noisebridge is a magical free wonderland!

The cash box has already been stolen.  The whole thing.  Again.

I recommend we get serious about controlling access to the space.  If
anyone reading this has trouble getting into noisebridge without being
buzzed in by someone else, email me for your own code.

I don't think we need to wait and see what happens before preparing for
the storm of oogles coming to live at noisebridge.

Last night Dan said that there were about twelve backpackers and he felt
uncomfortable in the space.  Expect an occupy takeover if we don't
actively fill in the gaps with real hackers.

-jake