[Noisebridge-discuss] Docent Shifts

Shannon Lee shannon at scatter.com
Mon Jul 29 19:04:44 UTC 2013

Hi Noisebridge,

There are open Docent shifts!  If you were looking for a way to add a
little more structure to your Noisebridge experience while also adding some
structure to Noisebridge itself, this might be just what you're looking for!

The Docent's job is to act as a greeter at the front desk.  You buzz people
in and you greet them; if they've never been before, you give them a tour;
you know where the tools are kept and you know how to solve problems the
"Noisebridge Way."  If you don't know where the tools are or how to solve
problems the "Noisebridge Way" this is a perfect way to learn!

We currently need a regular Docent to sit the 8 to Midnight shift on
Fridays; and also, Leif is in Germany and we will need someone to cover for
the next four Wednesdays.

We're also talking about expanding Docent coverage to an additional 6-10
shift, Monday through Friday.

If this sounds good to you, let me know.  If you want to see what it might
be like, talk to any of the regular Docents to see what they do and how
they do it.

Thanks, and I hope to hear from you,

--S

--