[Noisebridge-discuss] decent stable email service - non corporate based

Phil Spitler phil at bonfirelabs.com
Tue Jul 2 01:56:11 UTC 2013

I can't answer the question about a new provider but it's easy enough to get your emails from Yahoo.

Install an email client such as Thunderbird and set up your Yahoo accounts to usePOP3 then tell Thunderbird to download all mail and it should chug away and fill your inbox with all the mail.

You might want to choose the "keep a copy on the server" option so that Thunderbird won't erase the messages as it pulls them down.

Hope this helps.

Phil

Phil Spitler  |  Creative Technologist   |  Bonfire Labs  |  t : 415.394.8200  m : 415.571.3139

Website | Facebook | LinkedIn