[Noisebridge-discuss] CopCards

Sai i at s.ai
Sun Jul 7 19:03:34 UTC 2013

On Sun, Jul 7, 2013 at 11:59 AM, Snail <snailtsunami at gmail.com> wrote:
> Quick question - what are the liability reasons, and would those liabilities
> apply to Noisebridge as well for printing & distributing these cards? Is it
> a LEGAL liability issue, because the cards can be considered legal advice &
> we are not lawyers?

See the 'production' section of that page.

I am not Noisebridge's lawyer and I'm not comfortable commenting on
whether Noisebridge would be liable or not. Noisebridge has friends at
the EFF, ACLU, etc., and I think it would be wise to consult them on
the matter.

I offer the cards with no warranty whatsoever, and they represent my
own political opinion, not legal advice — although they *are* strongly
informed by legal advice I have received privately, publications made
by entities like the ACLU, Flex Your Rights, and NLG, etc., and to the
best of my (non-lawyer) knowledge they are completely accurate in
terms of any legal information they contain.

- Sai