[Noisebridge-discuss] Unable to get in recently

Jake jake at spaz.org
Mon Jul 8 03:35:08 UTC 2013

someone please tell me something.

what happens when minotaur tries to open the gate?  Does the solenoid make
a buzzing noise but just doesn't open the door or what?

does voltage get sent to the solenoid or not?  It should give about 24
VAC.  If you have a regular (not CCFL) lightbulb you can hook it up to the
wires going to the solenoid (just right to the prongs of a light fixture,
after testing that light fixture in an outlet) and see if it glows when
the solenoid should be going.

If voltage is getting to the solenoid, but it is not working (measure the
solenoid with an ohm meter, it should be less than 500 ohms) then the
problem is the solenoid.

If there is no voltage getting to the solenoid, maybe the problem is the
intercom systems' ability to send power to it.  It could be a fuse is
blown or something like that.  You know minotaur was just replaced right?
there might be a problem there.

Let's isolate the problem here.  And don't bother the landlord, we made
this mess and if we can't fix it RMS help us.

-jake

Danny wrote:

What's the current status? It sounds like we should talk with our landlord
contact to get this fixed?

d.