[Noisebridge-discuss] FOOD GRADE: Diatomaceous Earth 50 lb

Martin Bogomolni martinbogo at gmail.com
Wed Jul 10 14:20:04 UTC 2013

Safe handling procedures for Diatomaceous Earth:

http://nj.gov/health/eoh/rtkweb/documents/fs/0616.pdf

>From the document, DE is -basically- safe as long as it's not processed at
high temperatures (creating Cristobalite), and it is considered a 'nuisance
dust' which can irritate the lungs.   Safe handling procedure is fairly
straightforward, and good ventilation and proper handling are all that's
needed.   DE makes a great filter media.

-M