[Noisebridge-discuss] Electric door strike working again. Use your Pin or key to get in.

Jake jake at spaz.org
Mon Jul 15 01:23:23 UTC 2013

the reason the motor i chose was so flimsy was because i wanted to make
sure it was easy enough to turn when off, so that it would not hold the
latch open.

I will probably replace it with a different motor, and a large capacitor
and relay, so that when it is energized from the intercom it will open the
lock (while charging the capacitor).

when power from the intercom stops, the relay will release and drain the
capacitor into the motor in the other direction, so the motor will undo.

-jake