[Noisebridge-discuss] Rebase Meeting: By-Laws, Vision, and Community Standards

Danny O'Brien danny at spesh.com
Mon Jul 22 16:08:39 UTC 2013

So I don't want to freak anyone out or anything, but maybe it's worth
putting it explicitly: the whole "anarchist" thing isn't a
particularly doctrinaire thing at Noisebridge[1], and we're not
actually a collective. So if you're worried that it's not living up to
your expectations, you should probably do your thing elsewhere.
Station 40 really *is* an anarchist collective, is awesome, and
they're just down the street! http://station40events.wordpress.com/

It is definitely true that anyone can ask anyone to leave. It's also
true that banning involves consensus, so the redshirt in question
would have to be giving everybody panic attacks.

d.
[1] If it makes you feel more (un)comfortable, Noisebridge has
described as "libertarian" as early and almost as often as it has been
described as "anarchist". I think we collectively just like pouncing
on political monickers that we have no clue about but are -- at that
particular moment -- just about to be *really* unpopular.