[Noisebridge-discuss] HELLO IM BRANDON AADEE

Snail snailtsunami at gmail.com
Tue Jul 30 21:40:27 UTC 2013

On Tue, Jul 30, 2013 at 2:11 PM, Danny O'Brien <danny at spesh.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 30, 2013 at 12:57 PM, Johny Radio <johnyradio at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>>  On 7/30/2013 12:45 PM, Jake wrote:
>>
>> I never said anything about other governments, i was referring to the US
>> government.  And no i'm not a libertarian, actually i think a federal
>> government is a great idea, but it should be run by the people instead of
>> by moneyed interests.
>>

>> i concur!
>>

>> Paranoid much?
>>

>> about Libertarianism at NB? No, one of the core wiki page says NB is
>> Anarchist/Libertarian.
>>

> Where? Noisebridge gets described as a lot of things, but I'm pretty sure
> no-one has every successfully tried to pigeonhole it into category like
> that for very long.

I checked out the wiki & couldn't get any results on "core wiki pages" with
words like anarchist, anarchism, or libertarian, and nothing that really
stated Noisebridge the organization has a political affiliation. - We've
always had a lot of decidedly NOT anarchist members, so y'know...

There are a couple mentions of anarchist & anarchism in various meeting
notes and some events (like the Anarchist Book Fair).

I might be guilty of sometimes calling NB a "freaking anarchist collective"
(non-pejoratively!) when people ask me if I am in charge, but not in the
sense that any of us actually live like anarchists in our day to day lives,
just that we have decentralized authority in regards to responsibility. -
Maybe I should just refer to Noisebridge as "decentralized authoritistic"
instead, to avoid confusion with other types of anarchy? - I would say most
Noisebridge members are actually capitalists, democratic / republic,
because we live in those societies and hold jobs and play by those rules,
whether or not we like it much.

--
-Snailssnailssnailssnailssnailssnailssnails