[Noisebridge-discuss] [SPAM] Tattoos vs. behavior

LinkReincarnate linkreincarnate at gmail.com
Thu Jun 20 23:28:29 UTC 2013

Comparing judgements based on a tattoo (which someone was not born with)
with judgements based on a person's ancestry (which they were born with)
is where your logic is failing, Link

I guess I wasn't clear the first time I posted this but I have reworded it
a bit for the sake of clarity.

I was never blaming the victim or asking people to approach this person
directly. The idea that the only option for a person in a group targeted by
white supremacists are to leave or "get over it" and ask them about it is a
false choice and never one that I put forward.   I was asking that we look
into the situation to find a more optimal solution.

Is a tattoo a choice? Yes but so is sagging your pants.  I hope you see
that laws banning sagging pants are racist despite the fact that they are
not based on ancestry.

Is it normally reasonable to expect that a person with white
power tattoos is a racist.  Sure it is.  That still doesn't make it true
though.  It's the same as a bottle marked poison could be reasonably
expected to contain poison but not unequivocally know to contain poison.

Reasonable expectations are not the truth.

--
www.linkreincarnate.com