[Noisebridge-discuss] Open space only for hackers?

Ever Falling everfalling at gmail.com
Fri Jun 21 04:04:08 UTC 2013

from the wiki:

> *Do I need to be a member?* You don't need to be a member to take or give
a class or workshop at Noisebridge. All are welcome! Noisebridge is open to
all, however Noisebridge runs off of membership dues and donations.
Membership is $80 a month (or a $40 “starving hacker” rate) and allows you
to vote at meetings. If you aren’t a member but use the space, please drop
off a few dollars in the donation bin, or set up a regular monthly donation
for a smaller amount.

so, yeah, you're mistaken. Choices involving what happens to the space are
in the hands of the members but the space itself is open to all. The
problem lies in how people decide what the space's purpose is. The general
consensus is that it's for hacking but then you get into stuff like "what
is hacking?" and all this other semantic crap that we've gone over and over
again.