[Noisebridge-discuss] Easy Bay Community Wireless Mesh

Jenny Ryan jenny at thepyre.org
Tue Jun 25 05:13:31 UTC 2013

The sudo room mesh networking group <http://sudoroom.org/wiki/Mesh> has
gotten to the point where we are nearly ready to launch a free community
wireless network in the east bay!

We will be launching the first part of the network with 100+ wifi nodes,
and we need your help to raise the money! Even a single dollar helps!

Even if you can't contribute monetarily, please consider forwarding this to
your friends / social network of choice.

We will provide a free wireless network controlled and maintained by the
local community. The network will be used to provide both local community
services, post-disaster backup connectivity and free internet connectivity
focusing on the less connected communities.

We are also looking for new members. What you can do to help:

*Do you have access to a rooftop or tower where we can mount an antenna to
make the mesh reach further? Do you know anyone who does? Add a potential
node here: http://meshmap.sudoroom.org

*Do you want to adopt a node, either for mounting on the outside of your
apartment/house or in your window? Add a potential node here:

*Do you want to run an indoor node in your home? Maybe the router you have
is already compatible!

*Do you want to help with community outreach? We want to engage the local
communities and need your help to reach more people.

*Can you help with design of fliers or websites?

We meet every Thursday evening at 8:30 pm at sudo room, and everyone is
welcome to join!

If you're more interested in donating equipment directly, look at our

Jenny Ryan

-Laurie Anderson

 -Hannah Arendt

-Stéphane Mallarmé