[Noisebridge-discuss] motor project help

Phil Spitler phil at bonfirelabs.com
Wed Jun 26 22:21:23 UTC 2013

Hi, I am looking for a motor to control via Arduino.

I know such a thing exists but am not sure exactly what it's called.

Basically it is a motor but instead of rotating a shaft it make the shaft go in and out.

It doesn't need to apply much pressure just a little tap.

I thought it might be called an actuator and is similar to a solenoid I suppose.

Any idea where I would find such a thing, what it would be called and how to control via Arduino.



Phil Spitler  |  Creative Technologist   |  Bonfire Labs  |  t : 415.394.8200  m : 415.571.3139

Website | Facebook | LinkedIn

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.noisebridge.net/pipermail/noisebridge-discuss/attachments/20130626/5a8e1436/attachment.html>

More information about the Noisebridge-discuss mailing list