[Noisebridge-discuss] Rearranging the space

Johny Radio johnyradio at gmail.com
Thu Jun 27 05:36:43 UTC 2013

Hi all

Jarrod, thank you for your efforts, i applaud your exquisite floor
plans. However:

I humbly but strongly disagree with Jarrod's plan to:
     -move LOUD activities to the BACK of the space,
     -and move QUIET activities to the FRONT [of the space.

Here's why: that's fighting the natural acoustics of our environment.

-The front of the space is plagued with street noise. To put quiet
activities at the street side will require keeping the front windows
closed, to keep out street noise (if you really mean quiet)-- and
possibly additional sound-proofing. We need the ventilation and outside
light up there.

-The rear of the space is naturally quiet. It's so peaceful and serene
in the rear-- no street noise at all. Quiet activities can effortlessly
achieve quiet in the rear of the space, even with the rear windows open.

Please explore whether your plan makes the most sense.

Best,

Johny Radio

Stick It In Your Ear!