[Noisebridge-discuss] Community, FTP, & Problem Solving

rachel lyra hospodar rachelyra at gmail.com
Sat Jun 29 03:21:37 UTC 2013

So you agree that workshops around creeperism are of use to people besides
creepers and those who get creeped on? This would then mean that you
believe they are of use to you, do you believe that?

Cool. One way to help would be to explicitly state this publicly, focusing
away from airing your indignance and focusing instead on using your awesome
powers of community influence. We all influence the people around us, and
by being vocally supportive of an idea you help that idea to succeed.
Making dismissive comments about why an idea won't work influences others
within the community to also categorically dismiss the idea.

So, until you are explicitly vocally supportive of the idea of doing
something constructive and educational around skeeverism, and even maybe
consider participating (or heavens to betsy helping to organize), you
aren't really 'on my side of the issue'. I would also welcome constructive
comments that examine other productive ways to approach the issue, or
constructive dialogue on why the approach in question wouldn't work.

R.