[Noisebridge-discuss] open-source video project

Johny Radio johnyradio at gmail.com
Sat Jun 29 15:24:47 UTC 2013

hi, all

Two weeks ago, the Noise Hack brought about 40 folks to NB two weeks
ago, to hack music instruments. A week ago, 6 musicians performed a
3-movement piece of experimental music at Noisebridge, performed on
electronic and electroacoustic instruments of their own creation.

i collected lots of hi-def video and hi-res audio of these events. i'd
like to organize an open-source audio/video editing project, to edit
down what we have. In about a month we'll have a screening at Noisebridge.

i'm making the raw video source files available from inside noisebridge,
for anyone who would enjoy editing. You have to go to noisebridge
download the video files.

The audio files can be downloaded from any location.

All links below. Please let me know if you want to work on this:
johnyradio at gmail.com

VIDEO:

Video From the Instrument Hack:
nearly 5 gigs of hi-def video from the instrument hacking day.
http://pony.noise/~johnyradio/Noise%20Hack%20June%202013/Hack%20Video/
<http://pony.noise/%7Ejohnyradio/Noise%20Hack%20June%202013/Hack%20Video/>

Hi-Def Video From the Jam Concert:
about 2 gigs, 1080p video, 30 fps.
http://pony.noise/~johnyradio/Noise%20Hack%20June%202013/Jam%20Video/
<http://pony.noise/%7Ejohnyradio/Noise%20Hack%20June%202013/Jam%20Video/>

cellphone video from the show, courtesy of Romy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CI3pxeh1F1o&list=PLIXYZQ--adyaO1IzeMLfDdaBnAjQeffYZ
AUDIO
from the Jam Concert. 8 tracks of digital audio, collected from 3
recorders, placed at 3 different locations in the performance space.

1st set, Grant:
"This is both performances in one zip file. The level was set a little
low, but the recordings are 24 bit so it still sounds good after you
increase the level. I can't wait to see the video with all of the audio
mixed together!" -Grant, Noise Jam one-stringed Bassic Bass.
https://mega.co.nz/#!R5sDTK6D!I3JgnxjKFVotIcCc03gslnjbzT5LUJhqJwEnSIR7WKI

2nd set, Adam:
"I had it set to 320k mp3 rather than wav so they aren't too big (about
80mb each)" -Adam, Noise Jam Arduino beast.
the actual performance:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/436fmgsrzcze0ju/STE-008.mp3
the jam session afterwards:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ajds4eou5u8acbj/STE-009.mp3