[Noisebridge-discuss] Broken laser cutter USB connector

Gopiballava Flaherty gopiballava at gmail.com
Sat Jun 29 23:59:38 UTC 2013

On Jun 29, 2013, at 2:48 PM, Adrian Chadd <adrian.chadd at gmail.com> wrote:

> I _hate_ these microusb mounted connectors. Hate+++.
>
> If someone "fixes" this, please replace it with a USB cable soldered
> to the board.
>
> Yes, get a USB -> micro USB connector, cut the micro-USB end off, and
> solder the wires onto the board.

Wouldn’t it be easier to use something like this:

http://www.adafruit.com/products/937

USB cables come in lots of different cable thicknesses; I’d think that soldering the connector back on and then panel-mounting one of these would be easier than stripping and aligning the wires.

(Sadly, I don’t have any of these left. I’ve used them all on devices I’ve built)

Thanks,

gopi.