[Noisebridge-discuss] It has come to my attention that...

Liz Henry lizhenry at gmail.com
Mon Jun 17 04:28:45 UTC 2013

I would also like for this to be discussed again in a meeting. I brought
this up at the meeting not last week but the week before. But, I have not
been in the greatest of health and have missed a lot of meetings.

It was also brought to my attention that Jesse Z. wants to come back to
Noisebridge.   I do not think this is a good idea.  Basically, I don't want
to be around people who have behaved in the ways that either Jesse and Dru
have behaved.

There are so many good things about Noisebridge, and about its openness.
To keep that good for as many people as possible we do need to have good
boundaries.  And ask people who have shown great disrespect for others by
non consensual behavior to stay away and work out their issues to learn
better behavior in some other context, rather than being in the middle of
an space without much in the way of rules or safety.  Sexual assault and
other violent behavior destroys our ability to trust each other. I want to
be able to trust people at NB, and to be able to tell others they are
likely relatively safe there.

Best,

Liz

On Sun, Jun 16, 2013 at 8:41 PM, Lillian Fleurs <lillian.fleurs at gmail.com>wrote:

> A member of the community known as Andrew "Dru" Byrne has yet to be kicked
> out of the community. Right before I moved he did some EXTREMELY
> inappropriate and non consensual things to me that extend far beyond
> creepy. I sent some emails to Tony "LeTigre", who then forwarded them to
> Liz. I had asked both of them to keep what had happened to me anonymous.
> I'm coming out of anonymity because it appears nothing has been done to get
> rid of someone who poses a high threat to other members of the community
> (both male and female, trans and cis).
>
> Unfortunately since I no longer live in San Francisco, I can not show up
> to a Noisebridge meeting but I would like this issue brought up, because
> others who still use the space have expressed to me that they don't feel
> safe around Andrew either.
>
> I'm sorry for the drama, but I'm not the one who started it.

Liz Henry
lhenry at mozilla.com
lizhenry at gmail.com