[Noisebridge-discuss] [SPAM] Re: Close noisebridge, to fix noisebridge

Danny O'Brien danny at spesh.com
Sat Jun 1 06:00:10 UTC 2013

Oh just to be specific here -- my proposal to shut the space doesn't
have the element of changing the locks (although if we were to consent
on a new access system, that would be a good time to switch over).

It's more about putting together a bunch of the projects that aren't
possible when the place is open -- and we've been open 24/7 for 4
years now, so there's a fair bunch of them, including some deep
cleaning, member shelves, any major re-organizing of the space.

Determining them I think is a matter of using a fairly standard
application process, and we'll go through them consensus to determine
which ones get used.

Link, I think your points about inclusivity is spot on, and I think
we''d have to be careful about that. We had a long conversation about
this after a meeting recently and this was definitely one of the big
concerns. I think it's addressable in how we approach it though.

One advantage is we can take as much time as we want to get the
details right: it's not something that would suddenly happen tomorrow.

We also have a little extra money in the bank at the moment, so it may
be possible to set aside some money for this as infrastructural
improvements.

d.