[Noisebridge-discuss] learning vs getting shit done

Robert "Finny" Merrill rfmerrill at berkeley.edu
Sat Jun 1 16:32:01 UTC 2013

So one of the primary complaints that people have about NB is that you
can't get work done without people coming up to you and asking you
tons of questions about what you're doing.

I think this is a result of the fact that many of the events that
introduce people to the space are learning-type events (CHM, other
classes etc), and as such people tend to (initially, at least) think
of NB as a learning environment.

nb-as-learning-space and nb-as-getting-shit-done-space are not
entirely opposed but do have some opposing features, so I think we
should keep that in mind and come to a conscious decision on how we
want to balance the two.