[Noisebridge-discuss] [triedel at nttec.com: Computer Hardware Donations]

Danny O'Brien danny at spesh.com
Thu Jun 6 21:39:04 UTC 2013

Any interest?

----- Forwarded message from Tom -----

Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2013 14:15:06 -0700
To: treasurer at noisebridge.net, secretary at noisebridge.net
Subject: Computer Hardware Donations

   Dear Noisebridge staff,
   I run a datacenter that is undergoing some downsizing and we have some
   older hardware that we aren't able to keep. I am hoping to donate this to
   Noisebridge. Could you help me direct this to the right person?
   Our storage is in the bay view area of SF. Here's a list of our surplus...
   57x 1U servers in supermicro chassis (P4 or core2duo)
   15x 1U extended chassis server (P4 or core2duo)
   9x 1U low power servers (cyrix CPU)
   1x 1U KVM; rack mount sliding fold-out monitor/keyboard
   1x 1U Dell server
   1x tall tower PC
   1x wooden corner desk
   A couple boxes full of hard drives & misc hardware such as VESA wall
   mounts, etc.
   Let me know if you have any interest in taking this off our hands. In the
   next couple months, we will be retiring many more machines, and would love
   to donate them to a useful cause rather than sending them to the IT
   recyclers. Hope to hear back from you soon.
   Best regards,

----- End forwarded message -----