[Noisebridge-discuss] [SPAM] Tattoos vs. behavior

Mitchel McAllister xonimmortal at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 18 10:45:29 UTC 2013

1. If you are offended regarding his tattoos, don't look. They are not your tattoos. Nobody in or outside of Noisebridge needs to consult you, the membership, the board, or the Grand Poobah of Noisebridge regarding what tattoos they are allowed or forbidden to get

2. No, his tattoos do not offend you. You have, based on your experiences and attitudes, chosen to be offended by them. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rational_emotive_therapy#Theoretical_assumptions

3. Yes, getting a tattoo is a behavior. However, what one does elsewhere, unconnected to Noisebridge, is none of Noisebridge's business. To my knowledge, only one person has gotten a tattoo *at* Noisebridge. Robby is not that person.

4. If you all are allowed to make assumptions based on appearances, then everyone else in the space is allowed to do the same to you. As I have said before, Hell is your double standards applied back at you.

5. I could explain Robby's tattoos, if I wanted to disrespect him by repeating several conversations that I had with him, without his permission, to a bunch of people who are going to assume the worst of him anyway. Doubly disrespectful, in light of the fact that he has asked me to tell anyone who brings it up "they can come talk to me about it or shut up".

6. Considering that Robby was completely comfortable having a conversation with a gay man, a woman of Asian descent, a male of African descent, and a differently-abled person, perhaps all of you need to stop perpetuating your self-fulfilling prophecies and treat other people like human beings. Despite what your mommy and preacher told you growing up, it won't kill you.

7. I have been working in political and social issues a lot longer than most of you have been alive. My first political action, against homophobia and racism, took place before most you were conceived. I was facing loaded guns before most of you were facing loaded diapers. I was giving speeches and workshops on fighting bigotry before most of you learned to speak (which really isn't saying much, given the coherence and logical fallacies being exhibited by some of you).

8. I realize this email violates all the Unwritten Unified Field Theory Policy of Noisebridge Email Lists (c). Both those who would object the most already, according to one of our Ultimate Excellent Authorities On Proper Email Behavior (c), have filters set up to delete my email to the list anyway.

9. I would suggest you all put on your big boy/girl panties, add a little calcium to your vertebrae( 0+0.1>0), and act like adults. Either talk to him yourself, or STFU. All you are doing right now is precisely what you bitch and moan about: manufacturing melodrama so you can make sure you get all the spotlight time you think you deserve. In my experience, those who make the most noise on a subject are the least deserving of being listened to.

- Reverend Mik McAllister
"You can see the summit but you can't reach it
Its the last piece of the puzzle but you just can't make it fit
Doctor says you're cured but you still feel the pain
Aspirations in the clouds but your hopes go down the drain"
 - Howard Jones, "No One Is To Blame"
Purveyor of Subversive Fiction
http://www.prismandink.com
http://www.lunatextpublications.com