[Noisebridge-discuss] new dictatorship powers

Danny O'Brien danny at spesh.com
Fri Jun 21 10:09:08 UTC 2013

My grip on total mailing list power is not quite complete, but I should say
that while Ever Falling has conceded that they "like Noisebridge to an
extent", they have refused to make a kissy noise in ascii or unicode,
although they did state "ಠ_ಠ" in a private communication.

Sadly, until I have received a kissy noise by email, Ever Falling will
remain auto-moderated. Other moderators may permit his communications to
breach my barricades. As I say, I still need to secure my power base.

And now a note to the wider membership and public:
I realise that the rise of the firm smack of moderation on this list may
shock and upset some Noisebridge traditionalists, but as my iron grip
intensifies, all I can say is the planned firm autocratic and self-guided
government will lead to more security and prosperity for all. To escape the
minor restrictions on free speech I have reluctantly put in place, all the
docile and loyal citizens of Noisebridge-discuss must do is in future be
kind of polite, talk about hackery things sometimes, and not be complete
WTF crazy scare-away-anyone-within-six-kilometers-of-noisebridge.

You may see other changes in Noisebridge as I and a Sinister Cabal of
Self-Selected Authoritarians take sudden yet appropriate action. Such
action will be gentle, forthright, not actually scary, but may prompt 'you
know, man, I thought this was like an "anything goes kind of place" and now
I don't even get to talk shit about the awesome bong I was going to make in
the lasercutter? WTF? IS THIS EVEN AMERICA ANY MORE' reactions. This is to
be expected. Stay in your cubicles and keep calm.

Yours, temporarily-for-the-duration-of-the-emergency
will-use-his-ultimate-power-only-for-the-betterment-of-all-noisebridge,

Vice-Admiral Malaclyps the First, Tyrant of Noisebridge, M.A. (Hons).

REMEMBER AT ALL TIMES:
BE EXCELLENT TO EACH OTHER, OR ELSE
SPEAK HASKELL WHEN QUESTIONED
IF YOUR NAME IS NOT IN THE SUDOERS LIST, YOU WILL BE REPORTED