[Noisebridge-discuss] Next meeting: Things to be repaired (LaserCutter and VinylCutter)

Romy Ilano romy at snowyla.com
Tue Jun 25 03:37:58 UTC 2013

Hi,

There are 2 things to be repaired. I have added them to the next meeting
wiki. [I cannot go to the next Noisebridge meeting]

https://noisebridge.net/wiki/Meeting_Notes_2013_06_25#Things_to_be_Repaired

The *LaserCutter
*<https://noisebridge.net/wiki/Lasercutter#June_2013_-_Fix_the_LaserCutter>is
broken.

It was told to me that we need to replace the USB Microcontroller for the
LaserCutter. I don't know much technical stuff but i'm doing what I can to
help: I'm looking up what the part is and how much it costs to replace it.

   -
   https://noisebridge.net/wiki/Lasercutter#June_2013_-_Fix_the_LaserCutter
   - Cost: $449 - through Google Wallet, a *RetinaEngrave USB Laser
   Engraving Processor *from the manufacturer of the lasercutter.
   - http://www.fullspectrumengineering.com/RetinaEngrave.html

The Vinyl Cutter <https://noisebridge.net/wiki/Vinyl_cutter#Latest_News>is
broken

It was reported to me that the blade needs to be replaced for the vinyl
cutter

I can't verify it if it's the blade that's broken but if it is the blade:

the replacement blades are cheap, only $19.95 and you can buy them here

http://www.uscutter.com/USCutter-MH-Series-Vinyl-Cutter-w-Sure-Cuts-A-Lot-Pro-Design-Cut-Software