[Noisebridge-discuss] Seeking UI Engineer

Nick Shapiro me at nickshapiro.net
Tue Jun 25 22:56:43 UTC 2013

Hi there!

We're Game Craftsmen, a small game studio experiencing rapid growth. We're
hiring a UI Engineer to improve the front end of our first game, Mecha
Galaxy.

Your job is to make the game beautiful, while keeping the code clean and
modular. Your design will be instantly seen by tens of thousands of users.
Our users will discuss your changes in their communities, this feedback
from an engaged active community can be uplifting at times, frustrating at
others, and there's nothing like the satisfaction of seeing your creation
in use by the masses that same day.

Responsibilities:
Code CSS with Twitter Bootstrap
Design modular pages
Translate screenshot images into working code
Design pages from scratch
Basic Javascript (depending on ability)
Photoshop images

Must have:
Experience with web design / CSS
Deep understanding of the DOM
Fanatical about cross browser support
Some experience with Javascript/Jquery (You'll get more with us)

Experience is less important than your passion for beautiful, usable pages.
This is a perfect position for someone beginning their career as a front
end engineer. If you have the desire and potential, we can give you the
experience.

Nice to have:
Experience with Bootstrap (or you'll get experience here quickly)
Passion for games
Help us plan and create new games and new features
Creative writing
Stretch goal: Knowledge of PHP or SQL (This is also something we can teach
you, after-hours)

Game Craftsmen Crafts Games. Our first game, Mecha Galaxy, launched August
2012 in partnership with the SyFy channel. We're passionate about game
balance and user experience. Think you've got what it takes? Send an email
and resume to jobs at gamecraftsmen.com

Position is on site, downtown San Francisco.
This will start as a part time paid position, with room for growth.
Hours are somewhat flexible. You'll have a lot of freedom in setting your
weekly schedule, but once your schedule is set, you'll spend those hours in
our office downtown.