[Noisebridge-discuss] You like your phone?

Peter Kaminski kaminski at istori.com
Tue Jun 4 00:56:00 UTC 2013

I agree, a Nexus -- or at least the new "Nexus User Experience" thing --
is the way to go on Android.

If you want pricey, I'd go with a GS4 or HTC One with Nexus User
Experience, or maybe a new Droid.  Otherwise, probably a Nexus 4.

As a data point, I'm on a Nexus S 4G.  Even though it's a little older,
it's still running great, and runs Jellybean nice and fast.  Very easy
to root and ROM -- I'm running the latest Cyanogen, which is a lot like
stock, only nicer.

The NS4G usually get a full day out of the battery on a regular day.  If
I'm out and about running the camera or GPS a lot, I carry a spare
battery.  I bought a two-pack and a charger on Amazon.  Having a
swappable battery comes in handy, especially when traveling.

I've got an N7, too.  Here it is at Noisebridge:
<http://www.flickr.com/photos/peterkaminski/8459411799/>. Nice tablet,
totally worth buying the dock, even though it seems extravagant.

Pete