[Noisebridge-discuss] new dictatorship powers

Snail snailtsunami at gmail.com
Fri Jun 21 19:00:00 UTC 2013

So basically someone accused several of us of being dictators who run some
sort of secret Noisebridge cabal that unleashes mobs at people we don't
like. And we went, "Actually, that sounds like a great idea!"

I can't even tell anymore when people are being facetious, and I kind of
like it. I'm just gonna take a handful of this chaos and rub it all over my
face.

On Fri, Jun 21, 2013 at 10:38 AM, Alex Buie <alex.buie at frozenfeline.net>wrote:

> Does a U+1F48B satisfy the requirement, or does it need to be an actual
> onomatopoeic representation?
>

> On Fri, Jun 21, 2013 at 3:09 AM, Danny O'Brien <danny at spesh.com> wrote:
>
>> My grip on total mailing list power is not quite complete, but I should
>> say that while Ever Falling has conceded that they "like Noisebridge to an
>> extent", they have refused to make a kissy noise in ascii or unicode,
>> although they did state "ಠ_ಠ" in a private communication.
>>
>> Sadly, until I have received a kissy noise by email, Ever Falling will
>> remain auto-moderated. Other moderators may permit his communications to
>> breach my barricades. As I say, I still need to secure my power base.
>>
>> And now a note to the wider membership and public:
>> I realise that the rise of the firm smack of moderation on this list may
>> shock and upset some Noisebridge traditionalists, but as my iron grip
>> intensifies, all I can say is the planned firm autocratic and self-guided
>> government will lead to more security and prosperity for all. To escape the
>> minor restrictions on free speech I have reluctantly put in place, all the
>> docile and loyal citizens of Noisebridge-discuss must do is in future be
>> kind of polite, talk about hackery things sometimes, and not be complete
>> WTF crazy scare-away-anyone-within-six-kilometers-of-noisebridge.
>>
>> You may see other changes in Noisebridge as I and a Sinister Cabal of
>> Self-Selected Authoritarians take sudden yet appropriate action. Such
>> action will be gentle, forthright, not actually scary, but may prompt 'you
>> know, man, I thought this was like an "anything goes kind of place" and now
>> I don't even get to talk shit about the awesome bong I was going to make in
>> the lasercutter? WTF? IS THIS EVEN AMERICA ANY MORE' reactions. This is to
>> be expected. Stay in your cubicles and keep calm.
>>
>> Yours, temporarily-for-the-duration-of-the-emergency
>> will-use-his-ultimate-power-only-for-the-betterment-of-all-noisebridge,
>>
>> Vice-Admiral Malaclyps the First, Tyrant of Noisebridge, M.A. (Hons).
>>
>> REMEMBER AT ALL TIMES:
>> BE EXCELLENT TO EACH OTHER, OR ELSE
>> SPEAK HASKELL WHEN QUESTIONED
>> IF YOUR NAME IS NOT IN THE SUDOERS LIST, YOU WILL BE REPORTED

-Snailssnailssnailssnailssnailssnailssnails
http://obamaischeckingyouremail.tumblr.com/