[Noisebridge-discuss] It has come to my attention that...

Andrew Byrne andrew at pachakutech.com
Sun Jun 23 21:01:08 UTC 2013

Liz.
"One of these email exchanges"and "several people" is some particular
wording. Please relate to the list how this is the only email exchange and
these are the only two people; it looks like you have an agenda otherwise.

Now I wrote a tipsy email I to someone I had plenty of communication with
that could respect the rather confused person's better, yes. But seeing
this, you persisted in presenting that /email/ as me not knowing to stop
touching when there is a "no" (and there was only hugs the night in
question as witnessed by Kim and Dante) *is an entirely different thing*

Ah: "confused person", may I note how hard it is to tie these two things
together: I'd like you to see if there is one indication of me bringing
Lillian's sexuality into question. No? Then let's look at that one email
exchange you just posted. Does it say that he is confused? Yes. Tying
femininity with sexuality or gender is being mightily confused.

So gaslighting. I can see how that email exchange could be seen as
inappropriate out of the context of the rather long discussions he and I
have had since we met a year ago, and hey, maybe if you and I had talked
about that, or mediated around that, this show would not have piloted. But
repeated pattern?
Hardly; in this thread, one I have to answer to for my own protection, I've
been asking for clarification, always accepting without question Lillian's
version of events, and have wound up at a scene where a 6'1' MtF
transperson screams in a terrified voice "what the fuck are you doing" in
nb, and no-one even peeps their head in the door. Oh, and her pants stayed
on once it became clear that her removing her pants just messes up her
claim.

This is not "gaslighting" Liz, its someone who is honest being open about a
situation with someone who is parodying a sexual assault case; I encourage
you to read Lillian's latest on this list; it's exemplary.

I'm actually surprised that the person who could have--through
emails--abjured the need for me to limelight the facts of the matter is the
one who is blaming me for my defense. What is, of course, inexcusable, is
those who bang the drum of sexual assault, though they have all the
evidence to the contrary.

As I said to you right away, I'm open to immediate mediation on this
subject; you seem to be an advocate rather than a mediator, and finding
someone to advocate for Lillian is what has been holding back the process.

-dru