[Noisebridge-discuss] Response to Rebase Notes

Danny O'Brien danny at spesh.com
Thu Jun 27 05:57:10 UTC 2013

I can vouch that the particular idiom is often used to highlight false
premises, rather than actually an accusation of wife-beating.

(More seriously, this is pretty much what I'm going to start boringly
reminding people. After my recent tantrum, I think I'm going to go back to
explaining to people that we're now such a wider and diverse community that
misunderstandings will be inevitable, and it's useful to act like you
assume good faith -- on this list, and in the space.

I think it's okay (or at least inevitable) to secretly *believe* in bad
faith, and occasionally freak out because the bad faith has really begun to
pile up. But you have to amass more evidence than just people's struck
attitudes online before you can act on that assumption.

Also: http://xkcd.com/1053/

d.