[Noisebridge-discuss] Response to Rebase Notes

Nathan nejucomo at gmail.com
Fri Jun 28 00:05:13 UTC 2013

On Thu, Jun 27, 2013 at 4:56 PM, Johny Radio <johnyradio at gmail.com> wrote:

>  On 6/27/2013 4:53 PM, Nathan wrote:
>
> There's no way we can distribute tokens as widely as possible to prevent
> disallowing awesome new people.  It's not uncommon for me to meet people
> from out of town who make a point to visit noisebridge for their first
> time.  How could you have any confidence that you know how they discovered
> noisebridge?
>

> those people find out about NB somehow. provide the code through the same
> channel.
> or, invite people to request a code, through the website.

Sounds good.  So what channel is that?

I can vouch for at least one first timer who was also in the US for their
first time who knew about nb through word of mouth.

Requiring codes through the website is ridiculous, in my personal opinion.
 -and it's a fairly stubborn opinion.  I've refused to use keys or codes
since the day nb had a physical space.  I've always knocked and been let
in.  The day that stops will be a sad day indeed.

> some stats on how first-time visitors discovered NB might be enlightening.

Yes!  How could we gather those stats, though?

regards.