[Noisebridge-discuss] Community, FTP, & Problem Solving

rachel lyra hospodar rachelyra at gmail.com
Fri Jun 28 00:49:40 UTC 2013

Thank you for caring! I got really sad about someone else's offhanded
comment that if we do any realtime meetups around harrassment issues, there
is no use because the people who need them won't be there...

Which is to say, that person believed that harassment is only the problem
of skeevy creepers, and those they creep on.

I believe it's helpful for anyone who wants to demonstrate that they retain
some humanity to engage with the issue.  I also believe that anyone who is
interested in the problem is qualified to engage with it, and in fact the
entire thrust of hackering is that you don't need anyone's permission, or
to reach an educational benchmark, to begin working.

R.