[Noisebridge-discuss] Frontend Web Development, Monday 8pm: JavaScript, cont'd

Garrett Smith dhtmlkitchen at gmail.com
Sat Jun 29 22:37:19 UTC 2013

On 6/29/13, Jeffrey Carl Faden <jeffreyatw at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Monday we'll continue discussing JavaScript basics: arrays, objects,
> creating functions, and scopes.

Hi Jeffrey -

I got to sit in a few in last class. Here's my feedback for you and the class:-

Regarding: "javascript is case sensitive, unlike CSS and HTML which
are case insensitive". HTML and CSS are case insensitive.

However, selectors for attribute values, class, and ID are
case-sensitive in CSS and in HTML (denoted as [CS] in HTML 4.01).

It is also worth mentioning that code executed in the console is not
the same as code executed in global scope. Console scope isn't
global.]

Console:
| var u = 10;
| window.u
Result:
undefined, where there is no window.u property defined for that document.
--
Garrett
Twitter: @xkit