[Noisebridge-discuss] low power / sleep modes on Teensy?

Glenn Wright infinite.perplexity at gmail.com
Sun Mar 10 20:44:54 UTC 2013

Hi all, I have a question that I have not been able to solve on Google, nor
by tinkering-without-soldering-permanently, so I was wondering if anyone
knew the answer from experience.  How do the Arduino sleep modes (and
libraries such as Narcoleptic) work on a Teensy, given that the controller
communicates directly with the USB port instead of using an FTDI chip?
Does putting the Teensy into low-power modes shut off power to the USB
port?  If so, is there any way to subsequently reprogram the board via
USB?  I noticed that the Narcoleptic library does *not* turn off the power
to the FTDI chip on a normal Arduino, but I'm not sure what the
implications would be on the Teensy.  On the PJRC website, there is this
bit of incredibly useful information regarding turning off power to the USB
port on a Teensy:

"TODO: code samples"

--
-Glenn