[Noisebridge-discuss] Occupying Vacant Commercial Property

Garrett Smith dhtmlkitchen at gmail.com
Tue Mar 12 01:35:59 UTC 2013

On 3/11/13, Martin Bogomolni <martinbogo at gmail.com> wrote:
> I agree with Garret Mace ...
>
> First try to actually get the permission of the owner.  It's
> surprising, but many sites that are under construction, or awaiting
> permits, have owners that are friendly to uses that keep their
> buildings or sites "alive" in the meantime.
>
> It's one of the many reasons places like costume shops find homes for
> a few weeks at a time.
>
> It also helps to be polite, and be prepared to help set worries the
Not my strong suit!

I actually talked to a different property's leasing rep. No anger, no
kissing up, just straight talk.  or He responded as if hearing an
unusual request and dismissed it. I think I may have then asked if
they support community so that people who have no money can get low
cost/free education.

My reasons why the realtor/bank should do this are not the same
reasons as theirs. There's no agency; no paperwork to put it to them
in a comforting way.

Trust is certainly an issue why would a property owner take the risk
on his investment?

Anyway, I'm no good at this stuff.

> owner might have to rest about liability.   Don't expect that you'll
> get everything for free, and be prepared to offer either money or some
> equivalent value to the owner in exchange.

Sure. I'm perfectly happy to clean stuff up and whatnot.
--
Garrett
Twitter: @xkit