[Noisebridge-discuss] Flyer for benefit

Snail snailtsunami at gmail.com
Tue Mar 12 21:01:54 UTC 2013

I think jim has the general idea. :)

The press release is a single document, written up to make an announcement.

A press kit is a set of documents and media made readily available for the
press in one location, which includes your recent and past press releases,
nice photos, advertisements and fliers, videos... It's purpose is that
basic requests can be fulfilled & questions answered without having to
contact an actual person.

Noisebridge has a very basic Q&A for a kit
https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Press_Kit that hasn't been updated in the
while...

On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 1:29 PM, jim <jim at well.com> wrote:

>     I'd like to get corrected; I suspect my understanding
> may be wrong (I've worked in publishing on the magazine
> end of things).
>     "Press kit" (to me) can mean a lot of things. Mainly
> I think it is a package sent to various personages in the
> media. It includes a press release. A press release is
> supposed to present information on a particular aspect of
> some entity such as a new product or service. Good press
> releases are a few short paragraphs with a headline and a
> date, all to benefit the copy-and-paste work of too-busy
> journalists, as well as complete contact info for the
> entity sending the press release.
>     I've seen enough stuff to form a rule: the simple
> packages usually correlate to good products and elaborate
> packages to puff-ware.
>
>     It may be that "press kit" means something different
> from a promotional info pack for a particular thing,
> perhaps a set of background info on the enterprise and
> product line descriptions and full contact info.
>
>     Corrections and flames welcome.
>

> On Tue, 2013-03-12 at 13:06 -0700, James Sundquist wrote:
> > What is in a press kit?  Does that just mean you had Adobe CS?
> >
> > On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 4:24 AM, Noisebridge benefit
> > <noizparty at riseup.net> wrote:
> >         I used to have a press list....back when I was part of the
> >         media....does
> >         anyone else have a more up-to-date one? My computer is
> >         currently AWOL
> >         along with all my files.
> >
> >         +11+
> >
> >         On Mon, March 11, 2013 11:24 pm, Robert Benson wrote:
> >         > what are the local virtual & real publications/stations we
> >         want to target?
> >         > there is typically a 2 week deadline for notice in the free
> >         real pubs dont
> >         > know bout the rest
> >         > robb
> >         >
> >         > On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 10:07 PM, Stan Osborne
> >         <stan at ana.com> wrote:
> >         >
> >         >> +ll+,
> >         >>
> >         >> Robert 'Zapa' know how to prepare sizable quantities
> >         >> of tasty food.  Someon needs to coordinate food for
> >         >> the day.  I will busy with Volxkuche the day before
> >         >> and should there be left overs I hope some of it ends
> >         >> up in the NB fridge for use the next day.
> >         >>
> >         >> If you want mention on Radio, or in Weeklys this is
> >         >> the week to ask them for public service announcements
> >         >> (PSAs).
> >         >>
> >         >> By 'very NBy' I ment something the existing NB community
> >         >> would relate to.  I've seen no discussion regarding who
> >         >> we are trying to attract to the event.  Again, mutiple
> >         >> publicity efforts are a good thing.
> >         >>
> >         >> Stan
> >         >>
> >         >
> [...]

-Snailssnailssnailssnailssnailssnailssnails