[Noisebridge-discuss] low power / sleep modes on Teensy?

Daniel Pitts Daniel at coloraura.com
Fri Mar 15 18:07:51 UTC 2013

It depends on how the communication is configured.  I know on the
Arduino that enabling serial communication with the chip actually causes
the reset pin to be activated, restarting the whole thing (unless you
add a capacitor to delay the signal long enough).  This is to allow
programming using the built-in bootloader.  I don't know if its handled
in the FTDI (newer Arduino's actually use another AVR MCU as the USB
chip, not an FDTI).

I wouldn't be surprised if Teensy handled this similarly. I don't really
know anything about the USB spec, but it is possible there is some sort
of "wake-up" signal to indicate communication is about to start, which
could trigger an interrupt on the Teensy's MCU.

It might be worth prototyping this on a breadboard.  BTW, soldering
isn't permanent. It's just less temporary ;-)