[Noisebridge-discuss] Big ass package for Tony

Andrew Byrne andrew at pachakutech.com
Sat Mar 16 19:30:12 UTC 2013

On Mar 15, 2013 9:09 PM, "Tony Longshanks LeTigre" <anthonyletigre at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 15, 2013 at 8:53 PM, Danny O'Brien <danny at spesh.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, Mar 15, 2013 at 6:17 PM, Andrew Byrne <andrew at pachakutech.com>
wrote:
>> > Maybe others could enlighten me, but I have been under the impression
that
>> > it is entirely excellent to ship packages here, though recommended to
be
>> > here promptly.
>>
>> It's not recommended, just because you don't know who might pick it up.
>>
>> The main no-no is giving Noisebridge as your home address, as we can't
>> have it popping up as someone's residence.
>

> That's what I meant, that it's a misuse of the space to have personal
mail or packages shipped to 2169Mish.
I think that is a poor reading of what Danny said, though the rest of what
you said was, indeed, right and good. -dru

It's a work space, not a surrogate residence—I respect that boundary. In
this case, my Cousin surprised me on the phone the other day with "do you
still hang out at NB a lot? Because I shipped something to you there..." He
didn't know, now he does. It turns out to be something that plays directly
into the benefit. (That synchronicity is popping up a lot lately, like when
we were talking about how much we missed Francisco earlier this afternoon &
then he walked in the door!) I won't make a habit of it

> Thx
>
> +11+
>
> PS on my way out the door - congrats to Rev. Mik on his book release, the
space has a good feeling today, a German visitor was here earlier very
jazzed about us ("this place is famous!"), he got a good tour (NB should
hire Dan as official tour guide, he's great), right now there is dinner
being served & general conviviality....let's keep the energy flowing this
way!