[Noisebridge-discuss] Get the F Out!

Andrew Byrne andrew at pachakutech.com
Sat Mar 16 19:30:13 UTC 2013

During the Manhattan project, they were in the business of making lots of
flourINE in these giant tanks. There was a long horizontal pipe leading
from the top of the tank to the atmosphere, which is how they checked to
see if the reaction was proceeding: they would stick a broom handle down
the tube; if it came back on fire, fluorine! - dru