[Noisebridge-discuss] About "member shelves"

Gavin Knight gnnrok at gmail.com
Fri Mar 22 02:46:14 UTC 2013

Ah this is an interesting one.

Well members don't have any specific advantage except for voting rights. In
my understanding anyone can have a member shelf, in fact many people with
member shelves were not paying members last time I was there. I have never
been informed of an area that is off limits to non-members.

I think all of these rules, are assumed, and totally reasonable. It's
polite to avoid other people's stuff, and it's polite to assume that if you
are a member you should use that area. However, since it's just an
implication it seems people can choose to ignore it.

Gavin