[Noisebridge-discuss] modified doorbell sound

Jake jake at spaz.org
Fri Mar 22 07:12:49 UTC 2013

i recommend that we change the doorbell like this:

when the doorbell is pressed, the normal sound is made, and a slowly
blinking light turns on over the door (the upstairs door inside the space)

the light keeps blinking but the doorbell is muted, until either the door
is buzzed open (from the upstairs codepad or the payphone pad or the
android app or whatever) or a time-limit expires.

the time limit can be adjustable, from 30 seconds to a few minutes,
whatever we decide works best.  the muting can be anywhere from 100% muted
to just making it slightly quieter than normal.

does anyone object?

this would be a local, electronic solution, rather than involving a
computer like minotaur.  this way it would be 100% reliable, regardless if
minotaur was down for whatever reason.  The doorbell is pretty important.

but nothing says we can't tone it down just a little bit.

-jake