[Noisebridge-discuss] About "member shelves"

Naomi Most pnaomi at gmail.com
Fri Mar 22 08:01:21 UTC 2013

Not so much an *objection* to locks as a sort of sense of futility
about them.  :)

Anyway, yes, Jim -- having a shelf was originally not contingent upon
being a member...

But that was in the days of there being like 30 members and 50 people
who hung out.  You could make "policies" such as "you should be able
to get some space on a shelf" and it would all work out okay, because
we were about 50 people short of Dunbar's Number.

I think in general, the best cultural practice at NB is to not keep
personal items at NB.  But I think that if people strongly want to
keep personal items in the space, and member shelves aren't cutting
it, that lockers aren't a bad idea.

--Naomi