[Noisebridge-discuss] door "security": culture, not policy.

Shawn shawnlandden at gmail.com
Fri Mar 22 18:12:54 UTC 2013

It certainly is important to greet people as they enter. I strongly
believe those that open the door after people buzz in should have the
obliation to greet them, figure out if this is their first time, and
if so offer to give them a tour, however brief. That said, I don't
think people neccicarily want to hang out in the fugly entry way.
There could be more information there however, I remember the first
time I tried to get into NoiseBridge, I made it to Mi Rancheros, but
still never found NoiseBridge.

-Shawn

On 3/21/13, Dana <dana at monkeybrains.net> wrote:
> How about placing a desk or small workspace closer to the front door?
> People
> coming to Noisebridge would be more likely to encounter a human being
> immediately, if you're feeling social & doing interruptible work it'd make
> it easier to be a kind of "hacker on duty" willing to greet people, answer
> questions, show folks around, etc!
>
> - Dana

---
Shawn Landden