[Noisebridge-discuss] "member" culture, not policy

Naomi Most pnaomi at gmail.com
Sat Mar 23 17:00:12 UTC 2013

Your criticisms are fair.  I hope you will consider, though, that what
you observe at present wasn't always the case.

The idea that members should have some sense of privilege or
separateness from non-members, creating the class structure that you
are observing, was exactly what the NB founding philosophy was hoping
to avoid.

I believe (as one might deduce from other of my emails to the list)
that Noisebridge is attempting to operate a Tribe with the same
cultural "rule" set that worked (sort of) for a small clan.  And
that's the big problem.

--Naomi