[Noisebridge-discuss] Burton High School Field Trip Reminder

Amber Zertuche anzertuche at gmail.com
Mon Mar 25 17:42:39 UTC 2013

Hi All,

Next Tuesday, April 2nd, there will be 45 physics students from Burton High
School coming to visit Noisebridge from 9am - noon. So far, I have Alex
talking about video game development, Liz teaching ethical computer hacking
101, Mitch showing projects/soldering from 11am-noon, Jarrod demoing the
laser cutter, Martin talking about circuit bending, Seth and Dan giving
tours, and Jarrod and Lukas doing general help. Please have your station
ready by 9am.

Dru, would you like a station to talk about your range of interests
(science, tech, egalitarian decision-making, Neuroscience, C++ & Java) or
would you like your station to have one or two topics?

So far that is about 3 stations (soldering, video game dev, and circuit
bending). Would someone be able to teach soldering in the morning from
9am-11am before Mitch arrives? Would anyone be willing (and excited!) to
show students the 3-D printer? How about the vinyl printer? And would
anyone like to teach students about either speakers (Johny Radio?),
beginning circuits (wiring), electronics etc?  I'd like a total of 5
stations so there aren't too many students at one station.

I will be attending the meeting on Tuesday.

The students are really excited.

Sincerely,
Amber (Ms. Zertuche)
Physics