[Noisebridge-discuss] Weekly Beginners Android Development class

Andrew Byrne andrew at pachakutech.com
Mon Mar 25 23:22:07 UTC 2013

"Will a tablet work?"

A tablet can serve as both a testing device and surprisingly functional
development environment. A Bluetooth keyboard is just icing on the cake.
Alternatively, most modern x86 laptops can support an emulated device
though the eclipse development environment. Of course, it is always good to
have a test device; if you are buying one for development purposes, I'd
suggest a key device, such as one of the nexuses (1, S, Galaxy, 4, 7, 10),
The nexus 7 tablet I use costs $200 new, but, notably, has no rear-facing
camera.

I'm happy to see there is such interest. Let's get a "hello world" class
scheduled; here's the doodle:
http://doodle.com/xk5chie7xx8znykg