[Noisebridge-discuss] Burton High School Field Trip Reminder

Amber Zertuche anzertuche at gmail.com
Wed Mar 27 05:59:56 UTC 2013

Schedule for Burton High School Trip on Tuesday, April 2nd from 9-noon.

ATTENTION COURSE LEADERS: There will be around 5-10 students at each
station. If you have a specific capacity for your course, let me know by
Friday.

Station 1: Main room: Soldering with John and Yan
Station 2: Laser and vinyl cutting with Jarrod
Station 3: Library: Ethical hacking 101 with Liz
Station 4: Church: Video Game Development with Alex
Station 5: Turing: Circuit bending with Martin
Station 6: Kitchen: Quantum Electrodynamics with Dru

Seth, Dan, and Lukas will be available to do general help (giving tours,
assisting soldering station).

UPDATE: From 12:00-12:30 students will have free time to explore parts of
Noisebridge that interest them or go back to a station and work/play.

Thank you to all the volunteers! And to those who haven't volunteered
yet... does working with a bunch of high school physics students sound fun
to you? Volunteer! Add your name to the wiki here:
https://noisebridge.net/wiki/Burton_High_School_visit. Include what you'd
like to do (give tours in the morning, general help, teach a class etc) and
your name.

Excited!!
Amber

On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 3:15 PM, James Sundquist
<sundquistjames at gmail.com>wrote:

> John,
>
>   I'm curious if you'd be willing to have a small table at the Saturday
> fundraiser as well to teach people about neuroscience and the like for a
> couple hours of the afternoon.  What do you think?
>
> On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 11:39 AM, John Ellis <neurofog at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Amber.
>>
>> I can talk about neuroscience, and electronics, basic circuitry and teach
>> soldering (assisting Mitch if needed, or solo)
>>
>> Cheers!
>> -John
>>
>>  On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 10:42 AM, Amber Zertuche <anzertuche at gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>>  Hi All,
>>>
>>> Next Tuesday, April 2nd, there will be 45 physics students from Burton
>>> High School coming to visit Noisebridge from 9am - noon. So far, I have
>>> Alex talking about video game development, Liz teaching ethical computer
>>> hacking 101, Mitch showing projects/soldering from 11am-noon, Jarrod
>>> demoing the laser cutter, Martin talking about circuit bending, Seth and
>>> Dan giving tours, and Jarrod and Lukas doing general help. Please have your
>>> station ready by 9am.
>>>
>>> Dru, would you like a station to talk about your range of interests
>>> (science, tech, egalitarian decision-making, Neuroscience, C++ & Java) or
>>> would you like your station to have one or two topics?
>>>
>>> So far that is about 3 stations (soldering, video game dev, and circuit
>>> bending). Would someone be able to teach soldering in the morning from
>>> 9am-11am before Mitch arrives? Would anyone be willing (and excited!) to
>>> show students the 3-D printer? How about the vinyl printer? And would
>>> anyone like to teach students about either speakers (Johny Radio?),
>>> beginning circuits (wiring), electronics etc?  I'd like a total of 5
>>> stations so there aren't too many students at one station.
>>>
>>> I will be attending the meeting on Tuesday.
>>>
>>> The students are really excited.
>>>
>>> Sincerely,
>>> Amber (Ms. Zertuche)