[Noisebridge-discuss] State of the Panic (Part 2 of Slightly Fewer)

Danny O'Brien danny at spesh.com
Thu Mar 28 05:10:18 UTC 2013

(I will not send all of these updates to announce, but I will encourage
you to follow us on Twitter at @noisebridge and IF YOU DARE join
noisebridge-discuss , where I will get more detailed over time. )

TLDR: financial update, some links to send around to your friends if you have no shame.

Sooo previously in Noisebridge-land! We discovered that we are running
out of money and might pop out of existence as early as July!

In an overly long email[1] this morning, I encouraged people who like
Noisebridge like they like their lovers -- that is to say, existent --
to sign up for an ultra-cheap $10 a month "saviour" rate, which would
let us stabilise our finances, broaden our donation base, and also
slowly change the spelling of "savior" in America, a long term plan of
mine.

$10 is NOT MUCH MONEY, which means we need many such people. I am still
processing the finances, but I *think* we would need $2000 of such
donations to balance the books, which is 200 people, ie crazy numbers.

Admittedly I do not get out much, but I am not even sure 200 people even
*exist*. Still, we must try.

So far, we are doing okay:

We have (drumroll) over $700 of new monthly subscriptions in the last day.

IN JUST ONE DAY!

Fantastic people, mostly who come to Noisebridge locally and have had a
blast, but also from Wisconsin and Singapore, are chipping in. It brings
a tear to my eye.

Still, that is GOOD BUT NOT ENOUGH. YOU CLEARLY HAVE NOT BEEN TRYING HARD ENOUGH.

If you have not given us all your money, please give $10 of it at:
http://nburl.net/save <-- paypal
http://nburl.net/causes <--- causes
http;//nburl.net/pledge <--- you would like to pay some other way

BUT IF you have a chance, please let your friends know that we are screwed
and they must give us all their money. Here are some links:

https://twitter.com/noisebridge/status/317095497401782272 << For retweeting

https://www.facebook.com/noisebridge/posts/154792064681860 << For refacing

https://plus.google.com/b/104640260817910593707/104640260817910593707/posts/LUYuVLsSW3E

^^^ for sending to the five linux kernel developers and Google employees on G+ ^^^

Obviously it is hard work making a lot of money $10 at a time. Just ask
your local ten dollar bill salesman. Also obviously I will also be going
out and asking rich-yet-earthily-moral companies and such to chip in
some big bucks, but I figure the Decentralised TechnoAnarchoMutualists
of Noisebridge should at least try it this way first.

More news as events warrant!

Love,
Your treasurer

[1] http://nburl.net/savenoisebridge