[Noisebridge-discuss] LInk for GLIDE - a useful SF organization

Tony Longshanks LeTigre anthonyletigre at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 14:49:42 UTC 2013

On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 9:46 PM, Liz Henry <lizhenry at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey there, the organization I mentioned at the meeting is  GLIDE  and I
> think they are really good,
>
> http://www.glide.org/home

Iconic, even. I think there's a scene in Tales of the City (public TV
adaptation) featuring a phalanx of fabularious drag queens singing it up at
Glide church on a Sunday afternoon. I went there myself one Sunday, in my
Sunday best. Glide is 24 karat Tenderloin gold. Although for free meals St.
Martin de Poor's takes it, by far. The feeling of total acceptance &
compassion that radiates from that place on a sunny afternoon when you're
eating lunch on the SMdP's patio, surrounded by eclectic SF company (women,
men, children, & everything in between), is truly divine. If you're looking
for the heart & soul of San Francisco, at its humble finest, that's my vote.

+11+